Regular meetings of the city council are held at two o’clock p.m. on:
- The first and third Tuesdays of each month with only four Tuesdays except July and December;
- The second and fourth Tuesdays of each month with five Tuesdays except July and December;
- The second Tuesday of July or December when there are only four Tuesdays in the month of July or December; and,
- The third Tuesday of July or December when there are five Tuesdays in the month of July or December.
If the scheduled regular meeting day and date is a legal holiday, the regular meeting will be held on a day, date and time determined by the mayor or a majority of the council.
The scheduled regular meeting day and date and/or meeting time may be changed to a day and date and/or a time determined by the mayor or a majority of the council.
The scheduled regular meeting day and date may be cancelled by the mayor or a majority of the council.
Every agenda includes two “Public Comment” sections. During this period, a member of the public may speak on any topic they wish; however, no “action” (as that term is defined by NRS 241.015(1)) may be taken upon a matter raised under this section until it is placed on an agenda for action. Public comment is generally limited to three (3) minutes per person.
Anyone desiring to have an item placed on an agenda for “action” may do so by mailing, emailing, or by otherwise delivering a written request to the City Clerk to be placed on a future agenda. Such request must be submitted at least 14 calendar days prior to a requested date to appear and must specify:
- The person making the request and the city and county of their residence.
- If the person making the request will not be the same person to address the Council, the name and address of the person who will address the Council.
- The subject matter of the request.
- Whether or not the person making the request expects the Council to take some action or if the request is simply to address the Council.
- The preferred meeting date and, if the request is time-sensitive, the latest date by which the request should be heard by the Council.
Note: While not required, use of the “City of Winnemucca Request for Agenda Inclusion” will help ensure your request meets the above requirements.