The core purpose of the Building Inspector’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Field Inspections on new and remodeled structures at various stages of construction to ensure compliance with various building codes.
- Inspects for compliance of setback requirements.
- Maintains records of filed inspections.
- Checks plans of commercial, residential and industrial structures for compliance with various codes.
- Reviews plans to determine appropriate fee amounts.
- Provides information to architects, engineers and contractors regarding local ordinances and code requirements.
- Investigates complaints of substandard structures.
- Performs inspections relating to business license surveys.
- Conducts special inspections of structures as requested.
- Documents all aspects of permitted projects and inspections for the record.
- Processes permits on all aspects of construction projects.
- Recommends updates to ordinances per NRS (Nevada Revised Statues) and applicable Federal updates and guidelines.
The Office of the Building Inspector is open Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
You can reach the building inspector by email or phone.
Please call for an appointment or stop by the Building Inspector’s office from 8:00 am to 9:30 am or 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm. The building inspector is in and out of the office performing site inspections during the day, so you are encouraged to call ahead to make an appointment.
View the Winnemucca Municipal Codes (WMC Title 15) related to the building inspector’s office.